“Brand Humanity: How Social Technologies are Changing the Way We Do Business.” Wow, that’s a mouthful, but there’s a lot of ground to cover. Brand Humanity is a series of seminars that will range from high-level strategies to tactical “how-to’s” of opening dialogues with employees and customers using new technologies like blogs, wikis and forums. The series will also help business managers navigate the blogosphere and better manage their brands in a highly networked marketplace.
- Expert views on each particular topic
- Discussion and Q&A
- Ongoing follow-up information including updated examples and links
- Online community about your topic where you can exchange ideas and information with others who have taken the course (this will be ready in about a month)
- The societal trends that are fueling the exponential growth of blogs
- The impact of the "blogosphere" on your business, and how to monitor and join the customer conversation that’s already happening
- The various types of social technologies such as blogs, wikis and forums, and the six ways in which they’re being used (including internal usage)
- Culture shifts such as transparency and co-creation that accompany the ‘open business’ trend
- Guidelines for creating and maintaining corporate blogs
- Creating Customer Communities, co-hosted with Jake McKee, who's responsible for the success of Lego's global customer community
- Blogging Basics, co-hosted with Jeremy and Darren of Inside Blogging
- Silo-Busting: Internal Blogs and Wikis, co-hosted with Inside Blogging
You can sign up for the first event here. I'm looking forward to your participation and feedback.