It's this Friday, noon to 1:30 CST. The webinar is designed to give an overview of social technologies in business, and should be of interest to anyone trying to start (or get approval on) corporate blogs, customer communities, etc. One of the last participants wrote a very kind review on her blog:
...(it) generated a lot of ideas and left me wanting to run down the hall to our owner's office with the revelations of all the wonderful things blogging could do for us. And I mean now!
Signing up for the webinar not only includes the webinar itself, but follow up from Jennifer with a great deal of information. And honestly? The webinar itself was worth the cost to me. My expectations have been exceeded. I got more out of it than I thought I would. (And I had fairly high expectations.) And I look forward to the next one.
To sign up, click here. Agenda is as follows:
- The societal trends that are fueling the exponential growth of blogs
- The impact of the "blogosphere" on your business, and how to monitor and join the customer conversation that’s already happening
- The various types of social technologies such as blogs, wikis
and forums, and the six ways in which they’re being used (including internal
- How social technologies fill the gaps in your current marketing mix
- Culture shifts such as transparency and co-creation that accompany the ‘open business’ trend
- Guidelines for creating and maintaining corporate blogs
Please join us!