A friend of mine has an interesting job opening with a angel-funded start-up here in San Francisco. Sounds like a fun ground-floor opportunity! Read on for details.
Rapleaf , a ratings system for commerce, is looking to hire a founding biz/marketing person (non-engineer). We allow buyers and sellers (on sites like craigslist, classifieds, auctions, etc.) to rate each other. Rapleaf is backed by Silicon Valley's most well-known angels. Our goal is to make it more profitable to be ethical.
What will this person do?
Everything that is not engineering-oriented including:
* Business development
* Product stuff
* Customer service systems
* And more
This position will be one of two non-engineers at the company. We're looking for a really smart, motivated, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial, and highly-adaptable person.
This person must:
* Be pro-active
* Be ready to work extreme hours and in a chaotic environment
* Self-manage and potentially manage others
* Be able to quickly grow as the company grows
* Laugh a lot and generally be very happy
* Have a strong desire to build a more ethical society
We're looking for the very best person, and we believe that person should be well-compensated:
* High salary and stock
* Opportunity to make commerce more profitable to be ethical
* Opportunity to change the world
* Be a part of a founding team of a game-changing company
Our office is in downtown San Francisco (one block from the Montgomery BART station) - the best location in the world. You will need to be based in San Francisco (or very close to San Francisco) and we will relocate the right candidate.